1.09.2013

real life pictures for a {real life wednesday}

here i am, keeping up with my real life wednesday post!

so, Jason had a rough day at school.  i don't want to make excuses for his behavior, but a part of me wonders if his antibiotics had anything to do with it?  anyways, on the way home from school i asked him if he felt okay and he told me that he was tired.  well, i thought okay he should take a nap this afternoon.  after all, he has a double ear infection and possibly a sinus infection, i think extra rest is called for.  he proceeded to tell me that he wasn't in fact tired, he didn't need a nap, and all that other jazz that comes along with not wanting to rest for awhile.  well, wouldn't you know it...he's been napping for a solid hour so far without a single peep or noise coming from his room.  i just love those days when the children tell me they don't need something like say a nap, and then they go sleep for hours.  makes me know i'm doing something right as a mom, and that i can in fact read my children and i know their needs.  maybe makes up a little for those days when i wonder if i'm doing anything right.

with all of that said, our day was pretty routine around here and so is our afternoon.  our oldest son is working on his homework, i have three napping kiddos today instead of only two, and i hear the dryer going in the laundry room.

not much else to say today, mostly just pictures about our day...

morning bath time for Laine.  she loves the bath.  what kid doesn't?!



Little A tried blueberries for the first time today and it was such a joy to watch her experiment with something new to her world.  i ran to get my camera because it was just too much to not take some pictures of.  i ended up having so many good shots that i just put them into a collage instead of flooding this post with huge pictures.

after trying multiple blueberries i can't really say either way if she liked them.  i have a feeling she liked the sweet ones.  then you know as you eat blueberries sometimes you get some that are tart, i'm thinking she might have had a few of those and that's way she was making some funny faces as well.

here is Averie's episode with blueberries.


the girls and i also spent some fun time in the bathroom as i was doing Laine's hair for the day. Averie was being silly as she sat on the stool.



i'd love to hear about your wednesday.  was it normal, routine, or was it a day of being flexible and just going with it?  leave me a comment and let me know!

2 comments:

Spence Ohana said...

Poor Jason, hope he's feeling better.

Love those pics of the girls! Madeline and James take showers now but every now and then I'll draw a bath for James - he still loves taking a bath!

Great collage, so many expressions!

Glad you're keeping up with these posts, I'm enjoying them.

My Wednesday was blah. Went grocery shopping, felt like I was going to faint in the check out line. After seeing the doc today, now I know why. And just worked on Madeline's invites last night.

Kari said...

You take such great pictures! I love seeing your sweet kiddos.