1.12.2013

sharing my heart

it seems that i have had this sentence stuck in my head all week.  i am finally going to just write it out and share a bit of my heart this week.

sometimes, disappointment runs deep.

there.  there it is. 

there are times when you feel disappointment.  then, there are times when it just feels that the disappointment just keeps coming, almost to the point of overwhelming.  can you relate, at all?

i will spare you dear reader on the details, especially because some of you actually know me.  here are a few things that i will share:  on top of the disappointment that seems to be bothering me in so many different ways, it seems that when i have tried to share with a few good friends that my words have gone completely unrecognized, unnoticed.  this makes me think that i for sure don't want to brush off someones words the next time that they try to share their heart with me.  if only i can be such a friend to live that out.

anyways, it feels like i just keep having the sentence disappointment runs deep going through my head over, and over again.  in sharing with my husband what i have been feeling he helped me to realize that i need to forgive those who have hurt me lately.  {insert loud sigh}  i've been all wrapped up in thinking about my disappointment that i have let it get to the point where i need to forgive, he is right.  as christians, we are called to forgive those who hurt us, over and over again, time and time again.  even if they don't realize they have hurt us, even if they never know what is going on in my heart. 

so, i choose to forgive.  and with that doesn't mean that I won't feel that pain of disappointment again, because i know i will, and probably sooner rather than later.  maybe i'm a little more sensitive than i thought, or maybe this mother-heart of mine is just recognizing it more, feeling more.

i pray for you dear reader to let things go.  to pray a prayer of forgiveness and really mean it.  to set yourself free and those who hurt you free of the disappointment that you may be holding in your heart today.

No comments: